Thank you Pop Secret for sponsoring today’s post, and encouraging families to spend time having fun together.
I have a serious love affair with popcorn. It’s my favorite go to snack. We go through a lot of it around here. I love to eat it plain, with butter and salt, with cinnamon and sugar, with greek lemon seasoning, with buffalo sauce and butter…..I’ve pretty much put every seasoning in my pantry on it.
And this way might be my favorite. It’s a special treat around here when I make Marshmallow Popcorn. It’s so gooey and salty and buttery and delicious.
What you need:
- 1 bag of PopSecret microwave popcorn (about 10 cups)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
What you do:
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave according to the directions.
- Go through popped corn and remove any un-popped kernels.
- Heat sugar, butter and marshmallows in a pan on medium / low heat until melted. Stir constantly.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour over popped popcorn in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- EAT IT UP!
I really like to use the Pop Secret Homestyle for this recipe. The sweet gooey marshmallows combine so nicely with the salty buttery popcorn. And what’s better than some ooey gooey sweet and salty Marshamllow popcorn IN A FORT?!
Do your kids like popcorn and forts? I can’t be the only one. Tell me I’m not alone!
You can head over to the Pop Secret Facebook page and submit a photo of your pillow fort to be eligible to receive a host of mystery prizes and rewards while supplies last.
Aaannd grab your $1 off coupon for some popcorn, too!