I am super excited about this event. We got to go to Bluegrass for Babies last year and it was so much fun! Can’t wait to go back!
So, a little bit about Bluegrass for Babies….
“Launched in 2009, the concert started as a way for founders Matt and Anne Schneider to give back to Cincinnati Children’s, which had provided life-saving surgery to their then newborn son. That year the couple repurposed their annual backyard bluegrass party, turning it into a successful fundraiser for the hospital, which has since raised over $100,000.”
This year’s concert-goers can partake in six interactive experiences.
1. Farmer’s Market: Nutrition and food are key components of setting the foundation for healthy lives. The Farmer’s Market features real, non-processed food options like apples, local sustainably raised burgers, gluten-free grilled cheeses, locally made desserts, and more. And, none of the food or drink options contain any high fructose corn syrup.
2. Healthy Home: The Healthy Home Experience features activities provided by local experts on home building design and resources, waste management, baby care products, and more.
3. Family Wellness: Visit the Family Wellness Experience to learn about relaxation techniques, skincare, family financial plans, pediatric health tips, and more.
4. Let’s Get Moving: Burn off energy through exercise activities such as soccer, basketball, and more!
5. Art & Music: Nurture childhood development through numerous art and music activities and creating masterpieces.
6. Toddler Play Experience: The Toddler Play Experience allows parents to enjoy some of the area’s best bluegrass music and a refreshing beverage in a worry free environment.
AND KIDS EAT FREE! Kids 12 and under eat free with the purchase of an adult meal from the Green B.E.A.N. Delivery concession stand until 6:00 pm. (One free kids meal per one purchased adult meal.)
Bluegrass for Babies will be offering pizza this year. Yeah! And 100% of your purchase of from the Mama Mimi’s Pizza Booth will be used towards our donation to Cincinnati Children’s. And if you need another excuse to grab a slice, Mama Mimi’s uses only high quality, fresh ingredients in their pies!
Tickets for the Bluegrass for Babies benefit concert are $15 for adults in advance and $20 day of, with children 12 and under admitted for free. Pre-sale period ends Friday, September 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM. Tickets can be purchased at www.bluegrassforbabies.com.
The concert lineup features performances by Ma Crow & The Lady Slippers, Comet Bluegrass All-Stars, and Hickory Robot. Ma Crow & The Lady Slippers will kick things off, performing at 3:00pm with the Comet Bluegrass All-Stars taking to the stage at 5:00pm. Rounding out the evening at 6:45 pm will be Hickory Robot. Special guest Jennifer Ellis will perform her popular children’s songs at 4:15
This year marks the first that Bluegrass for Babies is being produced under the Healthy Roots Foundation name, a change that occurred in August of 2014. Bluegrass for Babies has evolved from the concert into a year-round organization providing tools, programming and resources as well as to hosting a variety of special event.
The Healthy Roots Foundation is a Cincinnati, Ohio based non-profit organization that helps provide families with the knowledge to make the best choices to raise healthy children. The organization achieves its mission by partnering with health care providers, educators, and local experts to provide educational tools that teach families how to create a healthy home, right from the start. For more information on the Healthy Roots Foundation or their events, please call 513-549-1838 or visit healthyrootsfoundation.org.
Would you like to win tickets? I have a pair of tickets (remember kids 12 and under are free) AND a free Mama Mimi’s pizza! SCORE!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was provided complimentary tickets for my family. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply