I had the opportunity with 6 other bloggers to try out all four flavors of PB Crave and come up with a recipe for a contest. The contest was over the weekend and I was SECOND PLACE!! OH YEAH!! Thanks for all the votes! The winner was the Peanut Butter Cookies from Coupon Cutting Mom.
So, now I can FINALLY reveal which of the 7 recipes was mine and tell you how to make it!
I decided to use the PB Crave Coco Banana flavor. It’s peanut butter mixed with wild honey, chocolate and natural banana flavor. I’m typically not a huge fan of bananas (unless they’re green) but I really love this flavor combination. I thought it would go well in a pudding pop. And who else famously loved bananas and peanut butter (and bacon) together? ELVIS PRESLEY, of course. So, I thought it would be fun to add some candied bacon to the whole thing and name it after the king.
These pudding pops are perfectly cold and creamy. They pack in some serious taste sensations! They are sweet (from the honey and sugar), spicy (from the cayenne pepper), bitter (from the dark chocolate), salty (from the peanuts and bacon) and savory (umami) (from the bacon).
Candied Bacon is ridiculous. Do you like bacon and sugar? (are you alive?) Well, then this is a must try. The brown sugar mixed with bacon grease kind of turns it all into a caramelized candy ….that tastes like bacon. But with a kick from the cayenne. CRAZY GOOD! And then covered in dark chocolate with cold creamy peanut butter and bananas?
I think Elvis would be proud!!
You could use regular peanut butter for this recipe, but if you can get yourself to a Walmart Supercenter or a World Market, you really should try PB Crave. It is sooo good. You can find a store near you that carries it here. Celebrity Chef Andrew Zimmern reviewed it here.
You will need popsicle molds for this recipe. I am dying to own these Onyx 18/8 Stainless Steel Popsicle Molds!
For sure my next purchase.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of peanut butter (PB Crave Banana)
- 2½ cups of milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 (3 oz) package of instant banana pudding
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (for chocolate topping)
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil (for chocolate topping)
- Candied Bacon Bits (recipe at the end)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound of bacon
- Add banana, peanut butter, milk, vanilla, pudding mix and sugar to a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until completely incorporated. You might need to scrape down and blend a few times depending on your blender.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, add sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove frozen pudding pops from molds and put them onto a parchment paper lined sheet. Place them back in the freezer for an hour.
- Prepare the candied bacon (recipe follows).
- Make the chocolate topping by combining the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pudding pops from the freezer.
- Dip a pop in the chocolate and quickly sprinkle the candied bacon onto the melted chocolate. The addition of the coconut oil to the topping makes it harden quickly, (like Magic Shell) and so the bacon will stick into it. (You might need to hold a few larger pieces into it while it hardens for a second.)
- Repeat with all of the pudding pops.
- Enjoy the creamy, sweet, salty, spicy, savory goodness!
- Candied Bacon Bits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk cayenne pepper and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the bacon one strip at at time.
- Using your hands, mix it all together until each piece of bacon is covered with sugar.
- Arrange bacon strips onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar on top of the bacon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crisp and caramelized. Keep a close eye on it, because sugar burns FAST especially when mixed with bacon fat.)
- Let cool completely and chop into small bits.
- Eat some. Use the rest for the pudding pops. 🙂
So, do you want to win some PB Crave of your very own?
One of my lucky readers will win a delicious Variety Pack of 3 jars of PB Crave!!
YUM!!!! Enter to win below.
This post may contain affiliate links and I received compensation.
Jenni E. says
This looks FANTASTIC!!! You totally had me at candied bacon!! Plus, I’m a huge peanut butter lover. Awesome recipe and congratulations on your win!!!!
Dana Sharp says
I would love to try cookie rookie first, and then coco bananas. And then them both together…
Andrea Williams says
I would love to try the Choco Choco flavor.
Susan DeVaux says
Dorothy Teel says
I would love to try the Coco Banana and pretend to be Elvis for a while.
Dianne Hall says
Razzle Dazzle 🙂
Melissa M says
I want to try razzle dazzle
Nicki Joseph says
Looks so good, we would love to try all of them. Coco Bananas sounds especially fantastic
Susan Christy says
Choco Choco for me!
shopsatavenue shopsatavenu says
A Bird and a Bean’s Presley Pops! You all love your bacon!