Confession. I have a thing for throw pillows. It’s kind of a sickness at this point. I have so many! I’ve been buying throw pillow covers, instead, these days because they are easier to store. I have way too many, so I keep some put away and then rotate them to keep things interesting. I just love the way a throw pillow can pull the whole room together or change the looks and feel of a space!
So, when I was given the task to create something using some of the lovely Laura Kelly’s products…..I knew I would use one of my favorite mediums….THROW PILLOWS! Enjoy this simple DIY Throw Pillow Redo for Winter and hopefully it will get your creative juices flowing!
What I used:
- Laura Kelly’s Ellison Die-Cut Hats
- Kunin Group Felt
- iLoveToCreate Tulip Brand Beads in a Bottle
- iLoveToCreate Aleene’s Brand Tacky Glue
- A pillow
What I did:
1. First I made little felt flowers to go on the ends of the hats. I love making these little guys and I use them for a lot of projects. Use the picture tutorial below to make yours. Set them aside to dry. You can see my more detailed tutorial to make these and 3 other kinds of felt flowers here.
2. Choose your hats and pillow.
3. Glue the hats in the spots you would like.
4. Glue your flowers on the tips of the hats like little pom-poms. (Actually pom-poms would be super cute too!)
5. Embellish time. Choose some buttons. I went with all white.
6. Glue your buttons on the hats. (Or buttons scattered around on the chevron would’ve been fun too!)
7. I really liked using the Beads in A Bottle. It’s hard to see in the pictures, but I put a dab on each button and then I drew little starbursts around on the chevron. It really adds a nice sparkle.
8. Allow to dry overnight and then throw that throw pillow on the couch for a pop of color this winter, or giveaway as a gift!
But, wait….there’s more!
Would you like to win an ALLStar Machine and a super crafty stash?? Enter below.
And check out the awesome things these sweet other bloggers made using the same “ingredients”! So clever!