My favorite meal planning tool = Freezer Meals.
Have you ever tried freezer batch cooking before? (basically making a bunch of meals in one day and then freezing them to use later.) OK. WELL. IT. IS. AWESOME!!! Seriously. I’ve tried doing it by myself at home with a cookbook. And it works out. We eat. It’s OK. But usually the meals are supposed to be cooked first and then frozen. And you can taste it.
I’ve found a better way.
I was recently introduced to Wildtree. Have you heard of it?
I was very interested in going to a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop last year at my friend Tricia’s house last year, but the cost prohibited me. Once I really understood what you get for the price, I took the plunge and went to one last month. (And have attended TWO more since then and am hosting one this week! haha.)
I love that Wildtree products are all-natural, non-GMO and organic. They make it so easy to prepare quick, healthy, simple and DELICIOUS meals.
Do you want a new way to plan and prep dinner? Do you want to make some changes to the way you eat and prepare foods? Do you want real food instead of processed? Do you have a busy schedule and find it hard to provide a healthy homemade dinner? Well, then you will LOVE Wildtree.
My Wildtree Rep, Heidi, laughs because I was such a skeptic and now I’m her number one fan!
Check out these meals I made from my first workshop! I mean, they were ALL AMAZING. Not a single one that we didn’t love.
Ok. Hopefully your mouth is watering and I’ve gotten you good and hungry.
If you’re interested and have been confused about Wildtree or the freezer cooking workshops, let me explain how it works.
I’m really going to spell it all out for you, because I could just not wrap my head around it at first, so maybe this will help someone. 🙂
- Buy a Wildtree Bundle. (They are typically about $79 for a 10 meal plan, but prices vary slightly.) The bundle includes all of the FULL-SIZED spices, oils, seasonings, recipes and instructions you will need for your meals.
- Once you register and pay for your bundle, the host will send you a grocery list of all the proteins and veggies you need to buy. (My total in groceries for each of the three workshops that I’ve attended so far has ranged from about $65 – $75, depending on what kind of meat and veggies I buy. (Also, I swap some of the proteins out…. chicken for shrimp and ground beef for ground turkey….so you can customize your meals to your family’s taste.) I also usually go for organic, so if you went conventional, that total could be cheaper.
- You will get detailed instructions of what meats and veggies to add to which bag and how to number them. Do this prep before the workshop.
- Bring your prepped bags to the host’s house and party!
- At the workshop you will finish up your bags with the Wildtree products and then take them home and freeze them.
- Take one out and put it in the fridge each morning. Cook it for dinner! Eat. Enjoy!
***I estimate with the price of the bundle plus the price of my groceries that each of my meals ends up being about 8-9 dollars because I get about 17 meals from each party.
I split most of them into two bags making my 10 meals more like 20 meals. I don’t split them all, so I usually end up with about 16 – 18 meals.
For example…..the taco and the burger recipes each called for 2 pounds of meat, so I made each of those recipes into 2 meals by adding 1 pound to 2 bags instead of 2 pounds to 1 bag. Whaalaa….two meals become four! (And I do that with any of them that seems to call for a lot of meat. Just split in two.)
So far the meals (even split in two) feed my family of 4 for dinner and there are usually enough leftovers for my husband to take lunch to work the next day. This makes each serving only a couple of bucks!!!
***Plus you take all of your left over Wildtree product from your bundle home with you, so you can do it all over again! Or use it to make other things. I’ve been putting the Greek Seasoning on my popcorn…YUM! There are a million great recipes on the site.
So, even though it does seem like a lot up front, you can see the value when it is all spelled out like that.
I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long! It really does save us money. Here’s why…
- I know what we’re having for dinner every night, making impromptu runs to Chipotle and the pizza place MUCH less frequent. And that saves us money.
- I know what we’re having for dinner every night, so we waste less groceries that I buy on a whim or because it was on sale (and ends up being thrown away or not ever used). And that saves us money.
- Most of the dinner is already prepped and in the freezer, making what I have to buy at the grocery each week MUCH less. And that saves us money!
- WIN! WIN! WIN!
Here’s the breakdown of how it works again……
Awesome, right?! Would you like to learn more? Or host a party? Or become a rep? Or attend a workshop? Contact my rep, Heidi. She rocks and would love to hear from you. You can earn free products and get your own bundle for free when you host a workshop.
Wildtree offers two options for you to try.
You can do an In-Home Tasting where you can learn how to plan healthy dinners and taste a variety of the products. Guests can even bring a pound of meat in a ziplock and prep one simple meal while you are there.
You can jump right in with a Freezer Meal Workshop like I explained above. Buy a bundle, buy your meat and assemble your meals to take home and stash in your freezer.
If you might be interested in attending a workshop, Heidi hosts a freezer meal workshop in her home the last Thursday of every month. The next one will be June 26. Contact her for more details.