My family LOVES this recipe. They ate it up in a flash and asked for more! It’s full of great fresh flavors and that you can easily customize to your tastes with different toppings. (I just love recipes like that.) We love Mexican food and Mexican inspired flavors. So, these Chicken Tostadas are right up our alley.
You probably remember that I’m a Chick-fil-A Houston Road Blogger Ambassador. I love using their catering menu to whip up new recipes with less work. We’ve used the catering menu for fun things like Fondue Night and other parties. It really takes your mind off of the cooking and lets you enjoy the party when you use the catering menu. Here’s a fun new recipe you can try with catering items from CFA.
- 6-8 small flour tortillas
- Canola oil (for frying)
- About 10 chicken strips of your choice (homemade or already prepared)
- 2 TBS olive oil.
- 2 TBS of Taco Seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 can of refried beans, heated
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- Shredded cheese of your choice. I used Queso Fresco (but Cheddar or Jack would be good, too).
- Other topping ideas:: tomatoes, olives, limes, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, jalapeños or other peppers.
- Get your catering or other chicken.
- Gather your other ingredients. :)
- Slice your chicken strips on a bias.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken and sauté in a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile , heat a small amount of oil in a sauce pan. Fry each tortilla until lightly browned and crispy.
- Pat off excess oil.
- Spread warmed refried beans on fried tortilla.
- Layer chicken on top of beans.
- Layer all of your other ingredients on top.
- Eat it up!
- Soooo good and so easy!
Check out their catering menu here and plan your next party! 🙂
See what the other Chick-fil-A Bloggers have been cooking up this month.
- Grilled Chicken Corn Nuggets created by The Healthy Hen
- Brilliant Brunch Bar created by The Healthy Hen
- Baked Chicken Ziti created by It’s Free At Last
- created by It’s Free At Last
- Zesty Asian Chicken created by Simply Sherryl
- Kickin Chicken Bites Using Chick-fil-A Nuggets created by Simply Sherryl
- Cayenne Cinnamon Bites created by The Adventure Mom
- Mini Cream Cheese Bites Using Chick-fil-A Cinnamon Clusters created by The Adventure Mom
- Chicken Parmesan Bake Featuring Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips Tray created by Optimistic Mommy
- Fruit Salad Cones Featuring Chick-fil-A Fruit Tray created by Optimistic Mommy
Follow along with Chick-fil-A Houston Road to keep up with all their fun events.
website | facebook | twitter | pinterest | instagram
Disclosure:: I am a Brand Ambassador for Chick-fil-A Houston Road and I am receiving compensation for my post however all opinions are 100% my own.