I’ve always admired those beautiful fresh fruit tarts on the cooking channel or in the windows of fancy bakeries. You know the ones. Gorgeous, shiny, fresh fruit in a perfect pie crust. They’re just so impressive and colorful and look like they take tons of time to make.
Well, I made one! And it was super simple. And DELICIOUS! And gone!
It’s the perfect dessert to serve at a summer party. Who wouldn’t love flaky pie crust and lemony cream filling topped with shiny fresh fruit! The perfect summertime dessert. And it looks like you spent a ton of money at a fancy bakery.
As a Chick-fil-A Houston Road Blogger Ambassador I get to create recipes using items from the catering menu. Check out our fun Chicken Parmesan Fondue Dinner and Chocolate Caramel Fondue Dessert, and these amazing Chicken Tostadas, too. The catering menu is so helpful when planning a party. You actually get to party instead of spending the night in the kitchen.!
The CFA fruit tray is PERFECT for this impressive dessert. The fruit trays are so big, there’s always leftover fruit. So, you can create a gorgeous tart and still eat the rest of the fruit for days. Or make a few tarts!! All the washing and slicing is done for you!
- 2 frozen pie crusts (or your favorite homemade crust)
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 TBS lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup of apricot preserves
- Fresh fruit (I used the catering tray from CFA with mandarin oranges, blueberries, strawberries)
- 2 kiwis
- Prepare pie crusts according to package. Prick bottoms with a fork and bake.
- Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into cooled pie crusts. Smooth the top.
- And now for the fun part! Arrange your fruit over the filling. Get creative!
- In a small sauce pan melt the apricot preserves over medium heat and stir until smooth. Brush the melted preserves over the berries. That’s how you get that signature shiny tart SHINE!
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
- Your guests will be impressed. Promise.
Check out the CFA catering menu here and plan your next party!
Check out the tasty treats the other Chick-fil-A Houston Road Bloggers made this month
- Grilled Chicken Corn Nuggets created by The Healthy Hen
- Brilliant Brunch Bar created by The Healthy Hen
- Baked Chicken Ziti created by It’s Free At Last
- created by It’s Free At Last
- Zesty Asian Chicken created by Simply Sherryl
- Kickin Chicken Bites Using Chick-fil-A Nuggets created by Simply Sherryl
- Cayenne Cinnamon Bites created by The Adventure Mom
- Mini Cream Cheese Bites Using Chick-fil-A Cinnamon Clusters created by The Adventure Mom
- Chicken Parmesan Bake Featuring Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips Tray created by Optimistic Mommy
- Fruit Salad Cones Featuring Chick-fil-A Fruit Tray created by Optimistic Mommy
Follow along with Chick-fil-A Houston Road to keep up with all their fun events.
website | facebook | twitter | pinterest | instagram
Disclosure:: I am a Brand Ambassador for Chick-fil-A Houston Road and I am receiving compensation for my post however all opinions are 100% my own.