I love fish tacos. I mean, I actually think I’m a bit of a fish taco connoisseur. (so snobby, I know!) If they’re on the menu, I order them. Every.time. :) I love the combination of flaky, crunchy fish; crisp lettuce; cool, creamy sauce; tangy lime and soft tortilla. You want one right now, don’t you?! Good thing I have the found The Best Fish Taco Recipe Ever!!
I’ve have tried making them at home before and it never turns out quite as good as a restaurant. Until now. I found the perfect fish taco recipe. YUM! The whole family ate them up.
What you need:
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup cornmeal or panko
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 pound Tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tortillas, warmed.
- fixings…like limes, sour cream, cilantro, peppers, cheese. I sprinkled some chili powder on the fixings, too. Ya know….to be fancy!
What you do:
- Mix coleslaw and cilantro in a bowl and cover. Refrigerate to marry flavors until ready to serve.
- Mix cornmeal, chili powder, salt and garlic powder in a shallow plate or dish. Coat fish evenly with cornmeal and spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add fish and cook on each side for 3 -5 minutes until golden brown and flaky.
- Cute fish into 8 evenly sized portions.
- Serve in warm tortillas-with slaw and fixings.
This post brought to you by McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.