THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAY is simply amazing. It’s the highest grossing magic show in broadway history. And for good reason. It’s absolutely fantastic.
It’s unbelievable. (As in, you actually won’t be able to believe what your eyes are seeing.) Go see this show. Every single minute is jaw dropping. My mouth was literally open and gaping for most of the show. You will be asking yourself, “How the heck did they do that?” for days. Mind-blowing stuff.
You’ll also be laughing and gasping in awe the whole time! It’s hilarious and exciting. It’s very family friendly and there were a lot of kids there. There is some adult humor, but, I brought my nine year old and she didn’t notice any of it. She didn’t understand why we were laughing most of the time. haha. Sweet youthful innocence. She had an amazing time and has been telling people about it all week.
Creative Producer Simon Painter said, “We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Cincinnati for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. The Illusionists is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
The night is full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, The Illusionists has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
They were all wonderful, but my most favorite was The Deductionist, Colin Cloud. Mind reading like I can’t even describe! And a cute Scottish accent.
My daughter’s favorite was The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. I asked her why, she said, “He was super awesome and super creepy.” And he was.
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry: Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Inventor, Kevin James is known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso: Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, one of the greatest thought readers of all time is a psychic savant known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker – he’s never lost.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled, and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver, and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist but he will leave the audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
- The Manipulator, An Ha Lim: The first place winner at Korea’s Busan International Magic Competition, Italy Club Convention Manipulation and World Magic Seminar in Asia, An Ha Lim was also a Golden Lion Award winner at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas.
THE ILLUSIONISTS will be at the Aronoff Center from March 21 – 26, 2017
Tuesday – Thursday at 7:30PM
Friday at 8:00PM,
Saturday at 2:00PM and 8:00PM,
Sunday at 1:00PM and 6:30PM.
Tickets start at $30. They are available at the Aronoff Center Box Office downtown at 650 Walnut Street, online at CincinnatiArts.org or by phone at 513.621.ARTS.
For groups of 10 or more, contact the group sales department at 513.369.4363. Performance schedule, prices and cast are subject to change without notice.
Disclosure: I was provided tickets for review and promotion purposes. All opinions are 100 % my own.