My kids really love it when I break out this super easy snow day snack (or dessert)! You seriously probably have everything you need to make it right in your house this very minute!
They’re so simple to make and look so pretty and taste so good. Who can resist grilled buttery bread with sugar? It’s kind of like a sopapilla, but way easier.
I think they would be perfect for a “Frozen” party, too!
What you need:
- flour tortillas
- powdered sugar
What you do:
- Heat up a pan on medium.
- Warm the tortillas (about 15 seconds) in the microwave.
- Individually fold the tortillas in half once and then in half again (and in half again, if you can), so that you end up with a shape that looks like a triangle (it will be thick).
- Using clean scissors, cut shapes out of the edges, just like, you were making paper snowflakes.
- Unfold the tortillas.
- Melt some butter in the skillet and grill each side for a few minutes, until slightly browned and crispy.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar on the snowflakes while warm. I don’t have a sifter, so I used my cheese grater! 😉
- For an extra sparkly effect, you can even sprinkle on a bit of edible glitter or color sugar crystals. These would be so fun for a “Frozen” party!