After a fabulous day of playing in the snow, what’s better than coming in and warming up with a sugary snowflake and mug of hot chocolate?! Um, NOTHING!
My kids really love it when I break out this super easy snow day snack (or dessert)! You seriously probably have everything you need to make it right in your house this very minute!
They’re so simple to make and look so pretty and taste so good. Who can resist grilled buttery bread with sugar? It’s kind of like a sopapilla, but way easier.
I think they would be perfect for a “Frozen” party, too!
What you need:
- flour tortillas
- powdered sugar
What you do:
- Heat up a pan on medium.
- Warm the tortillas (about 15 seconds) in the microwave.
- Individually fold the tortillas in half once and then in half again (and in half again, if you can), so that you end up with a shape that looks like a triangle (it will be thick).
- Using clean scissors, cut shapes out of the edges, just like, you were making paper snowflakes.
- Unfold the tortillas.
- Melt some butter in the skillet and grill each side for a few minutes, until slightly browned and crispy.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar on the snowflakes while warm. I don’t have a sifter, so I used my cheese grater! 😉
- For an extra sparkly effect, you can even sprinkle on a bit of edible glitter or color sugar crystals. These would be so fun for a “Frozen” party!
Aren’t they just yummy!!
Oh! and Sam is getting hair!! CUTE!
Hi Erin! I am part of your SITS tribe and I am so glad they linked us! Your blog looks great and I am a Christian, too! Looking forward to getting to know you this week 🙂
Nicole Beard says
Ha, I love that photo of your son at the end. What a fun idea! But then they’d need to go outside again to work off all the sugar-energy. 😉 hehe
April @ A Simple Life Too says
Very creative! My girls would love to make these, especially since they are so into Frozen:-)
Jess Benoit says
These are so cute! Thanks for sharing 🙂
These would be such a great craft idea to go with the Snowflake Bentley book. I’m going to link to it from my review. I hope that is ok. These look so yummy, I will definitely have to try this my kiddos.
Thank you! I hadn’t even thought of Snowflake Bentley! That is genius. We just read that last month, too! haha.
What a cute idea. I might give it a try for this year’s get together with the children. I imagine serving up the snowflakes with a fruit dip or perhaps snowflakes sprinkled with cocoa and powdered sugar and served with a peppermint dip for the holidays would work too. Thank you for the inspiration. I was hoping to find something fast and easy that the children could do themselves and this would be perfect. Happy Thanksgiving!