This recipe for delicious and simple meatloaf muffins is one of those go-to-family-favorites kind of recipes. My whole family loves it and it takes no time at all to put together. (as long as I remember to take the ground beef out of the freezer in the morning.) It goes great with mashed potatoes and a salad. Easy, delicious and nutritious. Comforting, but not heavy. I like that a whole pound of ground beef makes 12 muffins, so it is simple portion control. You can even make it with ground turkey if you prefer. So good.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 slices of bread, chopped into small pieces (or 1/2 cups bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except ketchup. Do not over mix.
- Grease the insides of a muffin pan. You will be making 12 muffins.
- Evenly distribute mixture between the 12 muffin spots.
- Spread ketchup over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for one hour. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. (I find this much easier if I use a silicone muffin pan.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more fabulous ground beef recipes?
Try some of these family favorites.
Mexican Lasagna with tortillas
[…] Meatloaf Muffins […]