Jalapeño Popper Patty Melts made with left-over Jalapeño Popper Dip!! SOOOO GOOD!
Do you remember this amazing Jalapeño Popper Dip? OH yeah. It’s GOOD! You should make it for a party for sure! Well, I had a little bit left-over and decided to use it to jazz up our dinner. FABULOUS IDEA!
I made it into a Jalapeño Popper Patty Melt! And they were devoured. Cheesy, spicy, crunchy, tangy, meaty goodness! I served it with a side of cherry jam. I thought that was a perfect sauce for this sandwich, but my husband thought it was weird. He likes it plain, no jam. haha. What can I say, I like dips. (Sometimes I think I only eat so that I eat sauce ….because eating sauce by itself is frowned upon.)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of jarred jalapeños, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of Monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 12 slices of bread (I used dark rye)
- 2 cups of Jalapeño Popper Dip (recipe link below)
- Gently combine the ground beef and chopped jalapeños. Form into 6 thin patties. Salt and pepper each side.
- Melt a pat of butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Cook the patties few minutes each side, until they are as done as you prefer. Set aside.
- Spread an even layer of dip on one side of 6 slices of bread.
- Assemble your sandwiches. Bread, cheese, cooked patty, dip, bread.
- Heat a griddle or pan on low to medium. Add a little butter to the outside of your sandwiches and grill them until they are hot and they cheese and dip are melted.
TURN INTO THIS!
Do you have a freezer full of ground beef like us?
Need some new recipes?
Try some of our family favorites.