Recently, I’ve been buying jars of jalapeños every time I go to the store. I just love them these days. So strange. (and, nope, not pregnant.) 😉 But they are so good in everything! Jazzes up any old meal! I used them make this amazing, crowd-pleasing, lower-fat version of Jalapeño Popper Dip. And then again to make these fantastic Jalapeño Popper Patty Melts. It got me wondering what other delights I could come up with using these spicy, tangy little babies. Of course, I could always use them to make some tasty Super Nachos. But, I was thinking more outside of the box on this one. I toyed around with the idea of pasta. YES! Jalapeño Popper Pasta Salad.
My BLT Pasta Salad is by far the most clicked on recipe here at a Bird and A Bean. That got me thinking that people must need more pasta salad recipes. 🙂 I made a couple different versions and they were all tasty. But, this one was the hands down winner. Creamy and delicious! Perfect for a party or potluck. Enjoy!
And of course this one has bacon too. Don’t forget this simple bacon tip. Makes my life so much easier!
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup of jarred jalapeños, chopped (I like to use the less-heat kind.)
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded. (or pepper jack, if you’re feeling spicy)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (or use some from your grocery store salad bar!)
- 2 cups of croutons, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. (I usually crisp up the bacon in a pan even if I buy it from the salad bar.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Run cold water over pasta until cooled.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir cooled pasta, jalapeños and bacon into the dressing. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle croutons over the pasta salad right before you serve.