If you’re looking for a new and delicious, crowd-pleasing side dish to take to Thanksgiving dinner, look no further! This tasty dish of Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Carrots really delivers! It’s so pretty and festive with flecks of orange and melted butter. It would look great on any fancy holiday table. It’s creamy and buttery and a little bit sweet from the carrots.
Mashed Potatoes 2.0!
This side dish is a re-occurring character at our every-day, weeknight meals, but it’s fancy enough for company, too. It would be a welcome addition to any holiday table! My whole family loves it!
If you’re looking to change up your potato routine….try this recipe out. It’s so good!
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 5-6 large carrots
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub and peel the potatoes and carrots. Dice into even ½″ cubes.
- Place in a large pot with just enough water to cover. Salt the water and bring to a boil.
- Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots and return to the pot.
- Add the cream and using a blender or a masher, mash the veggies.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add more cream if needed (starch content varies between potatoes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.