I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot recently. The most recent crockpot creations were Rosemary Bread and Tomato Basil Soup and they were simple and delicious. This White Chicken Chili in the slow cooker is no exception.
I.love.soup and it’s soup weather out there, for sure! I think it was 20 yesterday! AHH, not ready!
My husband’s from the school of thought that SOUP IS NOT A MEAL. (So strange, I don’t get it.) So, I usually make sandwiches or bread when we have soup….. you know…..to make it a meal. Even then, I’m not sure he believes it’s a meal. Like I’m tricking him, or something. hahaha. I don’t know why that is. He says it’s because restaurants have soup and salad on a separate part of the menu from the entrees. Thanks Olive Garden. Geez.
Anyway, he does BELIEVE that THIS CHILI is a real meal. No extras required. He even requests this one!
It’s so simple to put it all in the crockpot in the morning and have a hearty filling MEAL at dinner time!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (drained)
- 1 can corn or two cups of frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups of chicken broth (one box)
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 2 Stalks Diced Celery
- 1/2 cups of sour cream
- Topping that we like….
- Cheese, Chopped Onion, Cilantro, Corn Chips, Avocado, Limes
- Cut chicken into large chunks and place in your slow cooker.
- Top with one can of beans, corn, peppers and celery.
- Pour the remaining can of beans in a bowl and smash with the back of a spoon. Stir them around until they are like a paste. Place this bean paste into the crockpot. This will make your chili creamy, without adding cream!
- In a medium bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, chilies, and chicken broth.
- Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, stir gently and then stir in the sour cream.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.