I just love, love, love the way this Simple No Carve Spider Web Pumpkin turned out.
My son’s class school is having a NO CARVE Pumpkin Contest for the library. We were all pretty excited about coming up with a theme for his pumpkin. There were rules. It had to be book related (cuz it’s for the library) and it had to be NO CARVE. They reiterated that many, many times in bold. Makes sense. I guess they didn’t want 200 rotting pumpkins stinking up the place and attracting bugs. GROSS.
So, to Pinterest I went. And in my search I saw the cutest, glittery, no-carve, spider web pumpkin. And the pin took me to MomDot.com. Genius. Just genius. She used hot glue and glitter to make a spider web. I HAD THOSE THINGS! Yes. A hot glue spider web it would be.
We took it a step further and made it a Charlotte’s Web Pumpkin by using the hot glue to write the initials of his school in the web!!
Our pumpkin had to be mostly kid made, so I let him squeeze the hot glue after I drew the spider web on the pumpkin. And of course he did the glitter. (And I will now be finding glitter in my kitchen for the next year, at least.)
What you need:
- a pumpkin
- hot glue
- a fake spider (you can get one at the Dollar Store or check out MomDot, she made her own!)
What you do:
- Lay down paper to protect your work surface from glitter. (I promise that you should not skip this step!)
- Clean off your pumpkin and leave it in the house for a while to get warm. (Ours was outside before we started and the first round of hot glue came right off when it dried because the pumpkin was cool.)
- Draw a spider web on the pumpkin in pencil. (I looked online for a clip art and just eyeballed it, spider webs are organic, it doesn’t have to be perfect.) 😉
- Trace over your web with hot glue a little at at time.
- Sprinkle glitter over hot glue immediately before it cools.
- Continue until your web is all glittery.
- Optional….Write a word in your web with hot glue and glitter to make it a Charlotte’s Web Pumpkin!
- Enjoy your lovely glitter pumpkin that will not attract bugs.