I love Halloween. I just love it. I love decorating and dressing up and fall parties and festivals and pumpkin everything and trick or treating with the kids. SO fun! Every year I look forward to carving up the jack-o-lanterns with the kids almost as much as they do. But, we always carve them too early and they’re nasty by October 31st. 🙂 This year, I solved that problem by using Duck Tape®!
Look at these awesome and hip pumpkins I made just using black Duck Tape® and some parchment paper! I love them. They’re like a cool gang just hanging out on my porch. And I didn’t have to cut them open! (YET.) So, now I can enjoy them for a little longer. And when it comes time to carve, I might just carve around the tape. It’s like a perfect template already on the pumpkin.
Here is what you need:
- Duck Tape®!
- parchment paper
- paper and pencil to draw your design or printed clip-art of your design
Here is what you do:
- Lay out a peice of parchment paper.
- Cover it with strips of black tape.
- Draw the design on paper that you want on your pumpkin. I went with lips, mustache, aviator glasses and horn-rimmed glasses. (luckily the kids have bath toys in these shapes, so I just traced them.)
- Lay the paper with your design over the black taped parchment paper and cut it out.
- Peel the parchemnt paper off the tape and stick them to the pumpkins.
I also covered one of pumpkins with the cute chevron Duck Tape®, because I couldn’t resist. Soooo cute.
As easy as this project was using scissors, I would LOVE to have a Cricut! Ahhh. Someday. A girl can dream. Some lucky person could win their very own Cricut cutter by making a Duck Tape® pumpkin and entering the Stick or Treat Contest!
Duck Tape® is on Twitter @TheDuckBrand! Follow them for tons of creative inspiration.
Go make your Duck Tape® pumpkin, enter the Stick or Treat Contest and then leave a comment on this post so I can check them all out! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
This post brought to you by Duck Brand provided by ShurTech Brands, LLC. All opinions are 100% mine.