I saw this post at New Nostalgia and knew I had to try it immediately. I love everything Amy does over there and I knew this would be no different! Head on over to New Nostalgia for all the wonderful health benefits of green tea. It’s really GOOD STUFF! She put all kinds of facts in her post and a wonderful tutorial with pictures!
ICED TANGERINE MINT GREEN TEA.
organic green tea (prepared by instructions on the side of the box)
organic oranges (I didn’t have tangerines)
fresh mint leaves (I used a few large handfuls)
honey to taste (I just used a bit since I really like it unsweetened)
just boiling water
- Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade Recipe
- For a powerful metabolism-boosting drink, try Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade. It contains: green tea, shown to boost metabolism 12% by drinking just one cup; tangerine, with a chemical composition that increases sensitivity to insulin and stimulates genes that help to burn fat; and mint, a calorie-free flavor enhancer.
- In a large pitcher, combine:
- 8 cups of brewed green tea
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- A handful of mint leaves
- Stir this delicious concoction up at night so all the flavors fuse together. Drink 1 pitcher daily for maximum metabolism-boosting results.