Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders. Yeah, that’s a mouthful! And they are, for sure! These little sandwiches are so stinking good. My whole family devoured them. No leftovers! I mean, you can’t really go wrong with peppers, onions and lots of cheese. Aaaannd National Sloppy Joe Day is coming up this week. It’s on March 18th. And you know I just can’t resist a theme! haha.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders
What you need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of original Manwich
- 1/2 an onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 a green pepper, sliced thinly
- provolone cheese
- slider buns
What you do:
- Saute’ the onions and peppers in olive oil, on medium for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook 1 pound of ground beef and drain.
- Stir in 1 can of Manwich and heat through.
- Spoon meat mixture on buns.
- Top with provolone cheese and a few peppers and onions.
- Pop it under the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese is all melty and wonderful. (Keep and eye on it…the broiler is FAST!)
- Put the top bun on and eat it up!
My family loves seriously Manwich. My husband especially! I think the hearty sauce with the sweet and tangy taste brings him right back to his childhood or something. He’s so nostalgic. My kids love it because it’s messy!
I love it because it’s so easy and I get to add my own meat! There is no meat in the can! It’s such a great meal solution for us, especially on Mondays. We have practices and homework and are always busy and running like nuts. So, I’m always on the look out for easy ways to kick off the week with a nice family meal. You can find all kinds of Manwich Mondays Recipes here.
We are a family divided though. There are three different vanities and of course we can’t agree on one. I love the Thick and Chunky. The kids like the Original best. And of course my husband likes the Bold flavor the most. haha. They are all great, though.
It’s a messy-licious treat! Grab a napkin, put your phone down and have dinner.
You can subscribe to the ReadySetEat enewsletter for more tips and info.