Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a great way to make something “different” for dinner! We tried these once and they quickly became a family favorite for us! The best part is that they re-heat well and are fun to serve at parties! Try this simple recipe out and let me know if you like it! We love it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts baked
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic ( or 1 garlic cube)
- 2 tbsp of oil ( coconut or olive work great)
- 1 bottle of Teriyaki Sauce
- Leaf Lettuce
- Dice chicken and chop walnuts ( The smaller the better)
- Suatee onion and garlic in oil until golden brown
- Add chicken and walnuts. Cook until walnuts are roasted.
- Add Teriyaki Sauce, stir well and allow sauce to cook down ( about 20 minute)
- Wrap in a large Lettuce Leaf and serve with rice!
Replace walnuts with water chestnuts.
Add shredded carrots or shredded zucchini in when cooking the onions and garlic.
Stuff into a pita instead of wrapping in lettuce ( kids love it this way!).
Lindsay’s a green, crunchy mama to three and a wife to one amazing guy. She strives to raise her family as naturally and organically as possible. She went to school for Holistic Nutrition and is passionate about feeding her family “real” food! She blogs about her hippie holistic lifestyle at Crunchy Savings.com.
Connect with Lindsay. You’ll be so glad you did.
Check out Lindsay’s other posts here.