We love soup. I could eat soup everyday. (Sometimes I do!) And since the weather outside is frightful and cold thanks to old man winter sticking around this year and that crazy polar vortex….well, we’ve been eating a lot of soup.
I made this simple and delicious Lasagna Soup in my crock pot! The best part…it tastes like lasagna!! 🙂
Aaaannd I made it entirely with ingredients from the Dollar General! haha! How about that!? (I used my own meat and an onion….but everything else was from the Dollar General.) I didn’t feel like another trip to the grocery store…..plus the grocery store is a CRAZY mad house when the word snow is tossed around here. You can’t even get into the place. So, lucky for me, Dollar General easy meals made making this delicious soup an obvious choice.
Add cheese and a trip under the broiler before serving and it takes this hearty soup to the next level of cheesy melty goodness.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
prep time: 10 minutes
total time: 4-6 hours in the slow cooker
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of vegetable juice
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb of dried pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
Go shopping and get all the stuff you need! 😉
- Dice the onion.
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add to the crock pot
- Saute the diced onion with the olive oil in the same pan. Add to teh crock pot.
- Add the beef stock
- Add two cans of tomatoes. Do not drain.
- Add vegetable juice.
- Add Italian Seasoning.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Add tomato paste.
- Stir and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add the dried pasta during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Pop the bowls under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
Do you live near a Dollar Tree? Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to keep up with the news and other fabulous recipe ideas.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love this recipe. I also love Dollar General and enjoy shopping in our local store. I would like to try this soup sometime:) Looks great!