Anchors seem to be all the rage these days.
Everywhere I look I see nautical-themed clothes, throws, cushions and home decor. I LOVE it! If you like anchors and nautical themed things, check out our free anchor printable. I framed it and put it on my summer mantle. It’s looks so perfect.
I decided that I also wanted an anchor shirt and knew that I happened to have everything I needed to make my very own. (because I’m a
craft hoarder!) So, I set to it. I just love the way it turned out.
DIY GLITTER ANCHOR SHIRT
What you need:
- a shirt
- freezer paper
- an iron
- a picture of an anchor
- exacto knife
- fabric glue
- fabric glitter
What you do:
- Print out a silhouette of an anchor. Place freezer paper over your template and cut it out.
- Iron your freezer paper anchor (shiny side down) onto your shirt.
- Paint the fabric glue onto your shirt. Don’t be shy. Follow the directions on your glue.
- Immediately while the glue is still very wet, sprinkle the glitter on it.
- Let it dry for s few hours and then peel the freezer paper off.
- Wha-laa. A new glitter-y shirt.
I love my new anchor shirt and it was so simple to make. I feel like a glittery sailor when I wear it.
Once you have the fabric glue and glitter you can make lots of things. I think I’m going to glitter up the bird’s school shoes later today! 🙂