This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have also seen these sweet little babies called “Better Than Robert Redford Bars”. Which is probably a better name since it’s so weird! 🙂 Whatever you call them, they are a must try. They’re a favorite around here. This recipe couldn’t be more simple and you might even have all the ingredients on hand. But, even if you don’t they are super easy to get. I got everything I needed to make this at Dollar General. These are so seriously good! You just have to try them! 🙂
What you need:
Prep time: 15 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 18-20
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 8 oz package of soften cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- 4 cups of cold milk
- 2 small boxes chocolate pudding
- 2 small boxes vanilla pudding
- chocolate bar for shaving
What you do:
- Layer One. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop the nuts. Mix flour, chopped nuts and butter. Pat into a greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Layer Two. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the Cool Whip. Spread over cooled crust.
- Layer Three. Mix all 4 cups of cold milk with all four boxes of pudding. Stir until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Layer Four. Spread the remaining cool whip on top of the pudding layer. Using a vegetable peeler, peel curls from the chocolate bar. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the Cool Whip. You could also sprinkle some chopped nuts on top. I didn’t have any left.
- Refrigerate at least two hours. Cut into squares. EAT! 🙂
Dollar General easy meals is giving one of my lucky readers a 20 dollar gift card to spend at any Dollar General.