I love tacos. I mean, who doesn’t?! Taco Tuesday is our favorite!! We usually have chicken or ground beef tacos, but this week I broke out of my ‘taco rut’ with these amazing and simple 20 minute pork tacos. You seriously have to try this easy recipe. It’s perfect for any weeknight dinner! Don’t be afraid to fire up that grill on a week day. Keep that kitchen cool and clean! Grilling isn’t just for weekends and BBQ parties, my friends.
The secret ingredient to these fast and flavorful tacos is Smithfield® Marinated Pork. This one ingredient makes your grilling quick and delicious. Of course you could easily roast or sautée the pork too, but why mess up the kitchen? It’s summer! Get outside. You can grab Smithfield® Marinated Pork in a variety of flavors and cuts at Food Lion. Want Real Flavor Real Fast? Pick one up and get grilling!
Simple 20 Minute Pork Tacos
What you need:
- Smithfield Marinated Pork
- TBS fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- taco shells or tortillas
- taco fixings of your choice.
What you do:
- Mix all of the spices together and rub them on the outside of the pork.
- Heat your grill up to medium.
- Grill the tenderloin for 15-20 minutes (or an internal temp of 150 degrees).
- It will be slightly pink in the middle. This is OK!
- While the pork is cooking, prep your fixings.
- Take the pork off of the grill and let it rest.
- Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Assemble your tacos and enjoy!
- Rice or salad make a nice side for these fresh and flavorful tacos.
A tip for taco fixings (or pizza fixings, or baked potato fixings)…… I usually like to include lettuce, olives, cheese, peppers, onions, pico, avocados and sour cream. When I’m in a time crunch or when I don’t feel like chopping a ton of veggies, I like to buy most of my fixings right off of the salad bar at my grocery store. I get just the amount I want and it’s so much cheaper!
Want more ideas for #RealFlavorRealFast? Be sure to look for Smithfield Marinated Pork at your local Food Lion store.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.