We’ve been on a bit of a journey to a healthier lifestyle around here. Not that ours was horrible, but we like to take the New Year as an opportunity to jump start some changes. My husband is doing a 30 day sugar fast, which is HUGE for him because he has a mad sweet tooth.
I’ve been watching calories, making healthy switches and drinking a million ounces of water. We also joined a gym, so we’ve been moving more, too. I found a really great accountability group and joined that. (More on that soon!) I’ve lost 7 pounds so far and I feel so much better! YAY!
So, part of watching my calories and making healthy switches involves actually knowing what is in my food. I went to friend’s shower last week. Now, I LOVE SHOWER FOOD! So, I knew I had to do some planning. I decided to bring these Skinny Triple Chocolate Brownies. They are so rich and decadent, I didn’t even want the other sweets.
I was able to reduce the fat content by using applesauce and AllWhites Egg Whites. I can assure you that I didn’t loose any of the rich chocolatey goodness by making these easy switches. These babies are so good. So fudge-y, and not too sweet. The perfect brownie.
Good For You Skinny Triple Chocolate Brownies
What you need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup All Whites
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 2 ounces of semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Stir in applesauce, All Whites, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir. Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Watch them disappear.
My whole family ate these up. Try them out. Making healthy switches seem easy when the results taste as good as this. 🙂
Have you heard of AllWhites? They are a liquid egg white and are convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie alternative to regular eggs. We love eggs around here, but in the winter when our girls aren’t laying much, we are always on look out for simple alternatives. You can fuel your fitness goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle with this lean source of protein. You can use them in any recipe that calls for eggs!
Get your coupon for $0.50 Off AllWhites Egg Whites by clicking here. And check out even more tasty and healthy recipes here at AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites. They even have a fabulous Pinterest page full of great ideas. Check out AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest.