I am pretty excited about this event and giveaway. My kids are really into all things LEGO® right now and are going to completely freak out!
The LEGO KidsFest is a giant traveling LEGO expo coming to the Indianapolis Convention Center from Nov. 7 – 9, 2014.
“LEGO Kidsfest is a hands-on, educational, all-ages LEGO extravaganza features millions of LEGO bricks”, not to mention lots of construction zones, dozens of life-sized LEGO models and displays, and so much more.
It covers THREE ACRES of space!
Here is some of the awesome stuff that you can expect at the LEGO Kidsfest…
- LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Chima: choose a tribe and test battling skills with the whole family
- LEGO Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- LEGO DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
- LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- LEGO City: using the imagination to create buildings and vehicles to the urban diorama
I’m most excited about the giant brick pile! I’m going to make LEGO angels. 🙂
Want to know some crazy LEGO stuff?
*More than 400 billion LEGO bricks have been produced since 1949.
*More than four billion minifigures have been produced in the last 30 years. This is almost 12 times the population of the United States!
*Approximately seven LEGO sets are sold each second.
*There are about 62 LEGO bricks for every one of the world’s six billion inhabitants.
*Laid end to end, the number of LEGO bricks sold in a year would reach more than five times around the world.
*Children around the world spend five billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks.
*LEGO is the contraction of two Danish words, “leg godt” which means “play well”.
*19 billion LEGO elements are produced every year. 2.16 million LEGO elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
LEGO KidsFest brings all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in one activity- and entertainment-packed family event.
Five identical sessions are available.
Tickets are $20 for kids and $22 for adults.
For more information and to purchase tickets, please check out legokidsfest.com. (The event can sell out so it’s best to buy tickets in advance online.)
And the best part…….WAIT FOR IT……
Disclosure: I was provided tickets for giveaway and promotion purposes.