Each kit contains……
1. 2 sheets with 5 ribbons attached (I buy vintage sheets at yard sales and Goodwill for about 50 cents each) (I used one spool of grosgrain ribbon for each kit. I bought them when they were half off at the Hob Lob, so $2 each)
2. 1 walkie talkie each (I bought a set at Walgreens for $10)
3. 1 chill pill light (a flashlight would be completely fine – but my kids ALWAYS look directly into all flashlights ….and I’m the paranoid mom who doesn’t want them to hurt their eyes) (the dollar tree has flashlights though – much better deal)
4. 1 set of bungee cords (from the dollar tree)
5. 1 set of chip clips (from the dollar tree) (I wanted to buy stronger clamps, they would work better – but my dollar store was out of clamps the day I bought all this stuff)
6. 1 rope (also from the dollar tree) (yeah, unless the kids you are making these for are old enough, I would suggest the actual building of the forts be a supervised activity….paranoid mom speaking again but… rope + unsupervised toddlers = E.R.) But once the forts are up, they play in them for hours without me.
7. Glow sticks (again…dollar tree…I’m so predictable) 🙂
8. Pillow case to keep it all in (free from my closet)
And how cute are those vintage sheets? I love the tennis racket one!
I was going to use vintage pillowcases too – but I kind of want to try and make these stinking adorable dresses so I am keeping the pillowcases in my stash.