We love to travel. (I have wanderlust!) I really enjoy exploring new places with the family and trying new things. I would love to win the Atlantic Luggage Sweepstakes for a trip of a lifetime.
But, sometimes the awesome places are pretty far away. And sometimes a 4 and 6 year old get bored and crazy in the car. We don’t have a DVD player in the car, so, I’ve had to get creative to keep them occupied sometimes. I have a great list of things we have tried and work really well for us. We haven’t traveled by plane with them yet, but I think most of these tips are good for any sort of travel. I have a great Pinterest board full of ideas for traveling with kids, too. Check it out.
1. Make a Magnetic Road Trip Tray!
You just get a cookie sheet from the dollar store and cover it with some cute paper. Easy Peasy.
2. Now make some of your fun games magnetic by gluing magnets to the back. My kids can play with the puzzles and wooden dolls for a looooong time.
3. Print out a map with your route so the kids can follow along.
4. Slip some car bingo, coloring sheets and worksheets in clear page protectors so that they can use them again and again. (Don’t forget the dry erase crayons or markers.)
5. I like to collect silly little toys from yard sales and surprise them with grab bags when the going gets tough (usually around hour 4+)
6. I have the kids color a car before we leave. Then I hang a ribbon in the car with markings for every hour that we have to drive. They love moving their car each hour. And they can easily see how long we have left. Very fun and no more “Are we there yet?”
Do you like to travel? I just love it and packing correctly for a trip is also super important. How do you pack? I’m more of a roller, but my husband is a folder. haha. We like to pack in different ways, but having a great suitcase is key to getting it all there.
Atlantic Luggage has been pioneering great luggage since 1919 and making family traveling easier with their versatile, lightweight and affordable sets. Atlantic Luggage makes packing for family trips easier no matter where the destination.
They know travel!
Would you like to win a trip to New York or San Diego? Well, your’e in luck.
Atlantic Luggage is having an awesome sweepstakes where you have the opportunity to win a family trip for four to your choice of New York or San Diego! Because life is a trip®, Atlantic Luggage is sending you on the trip of a lifetime! So, register for your chance to win a trip for the whole family today!
Win a family trip for four to New York or San Diego, courtesy of Atlantic Luggage and Delta Vacations!
Click here to Enter to win a family trip and just fill out the form. DONE!
- Sweepstakes runs October 15 through November 15
- Winner will be chosen within 7-10 days following the close of the sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize trip must be booked by 9/30/15 and travel must be completed by 10/31/15.
- Win a family trip for four to New York or San Diego, courtesy of Atlantic Luggage and Delta Vacations!
- Grand Prize package trip certificate is valid for: (a) round-trip economy air transportation valued at up to $450 per ticket for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests from a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near to the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near New York City or San Diego, CA (as chosen by winner and determined by Sponsor); (b) hotel accommodations at a participating Delta Vacations hotel in New York City or San Diego, C; (c) four (4) Atlantic® carry-on sized suitcases; and (d) $300 allowance to spend on their choice of Delta Vacations Tour or Activity packages.
- Trip is to last three days and two nights
- Total prize value of $3,700