I saw a banner like this in the window display of an awesome little eclectic shop the other day. I knew I had to make one! The best part…….It was FREE!
What you need:
- An old book (actually, it doesn’t have to be old….you can go and get one from the Dollar Store or your bookshelf or Goodwill)
- scissors or excato knife
- glue stick
What you do:
- Carefully cut some pages out of your book.
- Draw a line (I couldn’t find my ruler, so I used the edge of the book! hahaha) making a triangle or whatever shape you would like your banner to be. I think a scalloped bottom would be pretty too.
- Cut them out.
- Write a letter on each paper and color it in to make it thick. You could use letter stickers, or stamps….but I like the way pencil looks on book pages.
- Turn each page over and apply a line of glue at the top.
- Fold the glued part over the string.
- Carefully cut the little extra bits off of the corners.
- Hang it up.
- So cute.
- and FREE! 🙂