Have you ever heard of the CTC Math curriculum? It’s an online and subscription-based math program. And its math lessons are designed for kindergarten all the way through high school Calculus!
Disclosure: I was sponsored by CTC math to review their comprehensive online math curriculum program and am excited to share my experience as well as an awesome giveaway! All opinions are mine alone. For more information please read my full disclosure.
I was recently searching for a new math curriculum for our homeschool. We’ve been using a spiral curriculum for several years. I really liked it, but my kids did not. The spiral approach means that concepts are reviewed regularly throughout the lessons.
The content had started to become very repetitive and boring for my kids. And the daily whining about math had become very repetitive and boring for me. So, I was looking for a change. I ran across some information for CTC Math and wanted to give it a try. Luckily, they have a free trial!
So, right off the bat, I noticed that CTC Math uses a mastery approach to math. I already liked that. A mastery approach means that previous topics aren’t covered and assumes that the student has mastered the content and can move on. They were very ready to prove that they had mastered content and were ready to move on.
CTC Math does not have an actual placement test for the overall curriculum. So, I wasn’t sure where to put them at first. The topics do contain diagnostic tests, so we started there. This allowed me to test each child on a certain topic and see if completing that topic is needed or if they can just move on ahead. They really enjoyed testing well and skipping subjects. The good news is that both of mine were right at or just above grade level. So, the spiral curriculum was working, it was just getting incredibly boring.
I’m so glad we found CTC!
My Favorite Parts of CTC Math
- There are over 1,400 tutorials and each only lasts around 4-9 minutes.
- The tutorials are great for both audio and visual learning styles! I have one of each kind.
- They can do it anywhere with mobile devices. We are always on the go around here and they can take it with them.
- There are interactive questions to answer after each lesson right on the computer.
- There is also an optional printable worksheet that tests the understanding of key concepts. Sometimes they just want and need to use paper!
- There are also printable summaries of the lesson for the kids to keep as notes. My daughter absolutely loves this part. She is so tactile and visual, like her mama.
- I get progress reports for each child emailed right to me.
- I really like that CTC is it’s own stand-alone math curriculum but can also be used as a supplement too.
- It is so affordable and I get access to every level for one price. I love that. Click here for a special 50% discount for homeschoolers! (No code needed)
My Kids Favorite Parts of CTC Math
- This math program was created and is taught by an Australian math teacher, Patrick Murray. So, his accent is an absolute pleasure and joy for our American ears to listen to! They really love listening to him.
- There are awards that I print off and give to them. Nothing like a reward!
- They can work at their own pace and do several lessons at once if they understand the concept well. With our other program, it was difficult to do more than one per day because so much time was taken up reviewing old material.
- The times tables and speed skills games at the bottom. They are very fun and very effective.
- They can do it at home on the computer or on the go on an iPad.
- We all love that we don’t fight about math anymore!
Check out more information for homeschool parents here.
There are so many great videos and playlists on their Youtube Channel. Check those out for sure.
CTC Math Family Membership Giveaway ($148 value)
Enter below to win a 12-month subscription for the whole family!