I love simple dinners. With basketball practices, piano lessons, gymnastics and small group on weekday evenings, I’m always on the look out for new and delicious recipes that are easy to get on the table quickly. And I’m partial to ground beef recipes since we always have a grass fed cow in the freezer! 🙂 So, Manwich really fits my bill perfectly. It’s just so versatile. I can brown up some of my own beef and add a sweet, tangy can of hearty sauce and then take my meal in any direction! Sandwiches, pasta, pizzas, calzones and wraps.
This week I used Manwich Thick & Chunky to make tangy, mini-pizzas and calzones. So good. So simple. They were devoured. But, Manwich also has two other flavors, Original and Bold.
Sloppy Joe Mini-Pizzas are perfect for a busy weeknight. Kick off your week with this easy, tasty, family meal and get them around the table on the way out to basketball practice. Make it a messy-licious Manwich Monday with the kid stopping power the sauce. Check out even more Manwich Monday Recipes here.
Sloppy Joe Mini-Pizzas
What you need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of Manwich Thick and Chunky (or one of the other two flavors Original or Bold)
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can of refrigerated pizza crusts
- pizza toppings of your choice
What you do:
- Brown the ground beef on medium. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add a can of the Manwich flavor of your choice. The Thick and Chunky worked well as a pizza topping.
- Roll out your pizza crusts according to the directions.
- Add a spoon full of the ground beef mixture.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Top with pizza toppings of your choice.
- Bake according to the the pizza crust directions.
Alternatively you can make a calzone with the same ingredients. Just add less of the ingredients and fold the dough over, seal it, bake it, eat it. A one-handed, tasty and hearty meal that you can eat on the go! Super versatile.