I’m excited to be back this month with this cute craft I made! This Santa Homemade Christmas Ornaments idea is a simple one that has been popular a lot the last few years. I got the idea from a neighbor who used 2 small red ornaments and decided to make the craft my own. I really love the finished ornament!
Santa Homemade Christmas Ornaments
This ornament was so easy to make and took about 10 minutes! You need a few simple supplies, and it is simple enough you can easily have your kids help you make this. I love that it is so fun and easy to make homemade Christmas ornaments these days. Just a few simple supplies and a few minutes of time and you have a great new look for your holiday tree.
Red Round Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Using a cloth tape measure, or a strip of paper you can trim to fit, measure around the ornament. You want to cut your black vinyl to fit easily around the middle of the ornament.
- Hot glue black vinyl to ornament, or if you are using black tape, you can simply wrap directly around the middle of the ornament.
- Cut a small rectangle of cold paper or tape leaving the center open to create a belt buckle. Attach it using hot glue to the center of the ornament.
I bought 3 total, 2 of them were glitter ornaments and one was a normal shiny red one. My son is going to give the two glitter ones to his therapists as their Christmas gifts. These simple homemade Christmas ornaments are just that easy to make! With little to no fuss, you have customized an otherwise ordinary ornament into something unique and special.
And here’s how it looks on the tree. These Santa Homemade Christmas Ornaments are truly a great simple craft idea that is perfect for making with your kids this holiday season.
More Christmas Ideas:
- 5 Christmas Tree Crafts And Ideas
- Easy Holly Wreath Cookies
- Christmas Shadowbox Tray Decor
- 31 Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
Megan’s a full-time mom and a part-time professional photographer. When she’s not busy cleaning up after 3 wild and crazy boys and hubby, she can be found holed up in her craft room making things. She loves to sew, scrapbook, make cards and create. She blogs over at Crafty Meggy expressing her creative side in a house full of boys. She posts all about her crafting, organizing and cleaning adventures.
Connect with Megan. You’ll be so glad you did!