We love breakfast around here and we loooove breakfast for dinner! Brinner, baby!
We had one of the best brinners ever the other night. I made a delicious strata breakfast casserole with……wait for it……CHICKEN AND WAFFLES! Yes. It was amazing. And easy. It was so good, in fact, that I’m entering it in a contest. The Eggland’s Best “Your Best Recipe” Contest is going on until July 31st and I’m putting this easy and delicious dish in the running!
Here’s how I made it.
- 10 waffles (you can use frozen waffle or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk or cream
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 5-6 chicken strips (frozen or your favorite homemade chicken strips)
- 1/2 cup of bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Buffalo Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 TBS buffalo sauce (or more to your tastes)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish
- Chop waffles into one inch cubes.
- Arrange waffle pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine milk and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add toasted waffles to the milk and egg mixture. Stir.
- Cube the chicken strips. Add to the eggs and waffles. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add shredded cheese, reserving 1/2 a cup for the top. Stir.
- Bake strata, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover add remaining cheese to the top and bake an additional 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!
- To make Buffalo Maple Syrup simply mix the last two ingredients. Pour generously over each piece. (For the record, my kids liked plain syrup better, but the adults all LOVED the buffalo version.)
We made a whole brinner party out of it! (You know I can NOT resist a theme party!!) 😉
Do you love breakfast foods as much as we do? You can enter the 2014 Eggland’s Best “Your Best Recipe” Contest too! You can check it out by clicking here. They will be accepting original recipes until July 31st. One Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 and a year supply of EB eggs. There are four categories and the winners of each one will receive $1,000 and a six month supply of EB eggs. Awesome, right??!! Worth entering? Heck yeah! Check out the official rules here.
You don’t have a recipe to enter, but still want the chance to win a prize? Well, OK then!
Eggland’s Best has generously offered 2 coupons for free cartons of EB eggs AND……..A $25 Visa gift card for one lucky reader. Enter below. Good luck …..and eat your eggs!! 🙂
Did you know that compared to ordinary grocery store eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs have more vitamin D, omega-3s, vitamin E and less saturated fat? By choosing Eggland’s Best (EB) eggs over ordinary eggs for your “brinners,” you are getting an egg that is fresher, tastes better and contains more vitamins and nutrients.
We have to wait a while until these girls start making me breakfast….. I know what eggs I’ll be using until then! 😉
Disclosure: The Eggland’s Best coupons, promo items, information, and gift cards have been provided by Eggland’s Best.”