Keeping Packed Lunches Interesting

Since we homeschool, it’s easy to just eat leftovers for lunch most days.  On the other days we eat a lot of good old PB & J.  But, I am sick of peanut butter and jelly.  Aaaaand I am sick of leftovers.   BORING!

I try to keep things interesting every few lunches by making a fun bento style lunch.  The kids LOVE when I breakout the cute boxes of little foods.  They think it’s the greatest.   (Easily impressed).  They call them lunchables.  hahaha.  Don’t tell them that they aren’t!!

And kids are only easily impressed for a short time of their lives.  I am capitalizing on that!   fruitshoot

And sometimes just for fun, I like to sneak in a special treat of a fruity, squeezy drink.  They REALLY think this is fantastic.  These Robinson’s Fruitshoot bottles are no-spill, they are naturally flavored and have no high fructose corn syrup or added sugar.  I love that!  And they taste great.  The kids love that!

fruitshoot2

Are you a packer or a buyer?  I was always a packer, but was super jealous of my buyer friends.  I just wanted a Fiestada from the cafeteria!!  Haha.  Funny how that works out.  I can’t imagine wanting one now!

How do you keep lunch interesting?

Find a bunch of great lunch-time ideas on Robinson’s Fruitshoot facebook page.

Disclosure:  Thank you to Robinson’s Fruitshoot for sponsoring today’s post and encouraging me to share creative ways to prep fun lunches for my kids!

Comments

1. says

I’m a 1/2 and 1/2 packer/buyer. I try to have some healthy pre-packaged options on hand because it’s inevitable one or my kids will tell me 5 minutes before the bus comes that they want “carry”! LOL :)

2. says

I take a lot of packed lunches for myself, but mine never look as cute as the ones you make. I would love you to pack my lunch.

3. says

I was a packer, mostly because I had to be. This Fruit Shoot looks delicious. I bet kids love it and it is very juicy tasting.

4. says

My son eats school lunch, so I do not pack his lunch, except when he goes on a field trip. If I did pack his lunches, I would totally try to think of unique things to do and those heart shaped snacks are definitely unique!

5. says

I would rarely bring lunch as a kid as I always went to the cafeteria or my mom came during lunch (elementary school). I’d totally pack my future kids lunches though :)

6. says

I’m a packer! Can’t afford to pay the 5$+ for lunches. This is great I need to get some of those cut out shapes. My son is really picky so I just rotate the same meals over and over again lol