Often we are invited to different gatherings and asked to bring a dessert. One of my favorite desserts to bring is Chocolate Pecan Toffee! It is super easy to make as well as easy to take places! I especially love that it displays nicely and each piece is just as tasty, but uniquely shaped. And the best part is I don’t have to leave a fancy dish behind or try to remember to grab it before I go!
This recipe is super simple and only has 4 ingredients! I personally use raw sugar in the recipe, but regular white sugar will work just as well. Pecans are my favorite topping, but this toffee would be just as awesome with walnuts, almonds, or peanuts!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar ( I use raw sugar)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Over medium heat begin to stir the butter and sugar in a sauce pan.
- As the mixture begins to melt stir frequently.
- Heat until the mixture is approximately 250 degrees.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Allow chocolate chips to melt for one minute and then gently spread over toffee
- Top with pecans
- Place cookie sheet in fridge for several hours to allow toffee to cool and set.
- Remove from fridge and allow toffee to come to room temperature and then break into pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
Lindsay’s a green, crunchy mama to three and a wife to one amazing guy. She strives to raise her family as naturally and organically as possible. She went to school for Holistic Nutrition and is passionate about feeding her family “real” food! She blogs about her hippie holistic lifestyle at Crunchy Savings.com.
Check out Lindsay’s other posts here.
Connect with Lindsay. You’ll be so glad you did.
Crunchy Savings Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
Janet Vinyard says
Hi Lindsay, What a great sounding toffee & with only 4 ingredients it’s definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Janet
CJ @ Morsels of Life says
Loving this simple and delicious recipe! Looks perfect for holiday parties, or just snacking. 🙂
This toffee looks delicious! Thanks for linkin’ up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Love how simple it is. Toffee is so yummy! Thanks for sharing at the Monday Funday Party. – Emily