I just can’t resist a party with a theme! We had so much fun with the Fondue Night we had a few weeks ago.
As part of the new Chick-fil-a Brand Ambassadorship, I was asked to create a couple of recipes using items from the catering menu.
For dinner we had Chicken Parmesan Skewers with Marinara and Balsamic Mozzarella Fondue! It was awesome! I used chicken nuggets from the Chick-fil-a catering menu. And it really simplified the party! I made the cheese fondue from scratch, so having ready made chicken was just awesome! I got to enjoy the party rather than breading and frying chicken in the kitchen all night!
And the same goes for dessert. I used a delicious fresh fruit tray from the catering menu and I didn’t have to wash and slice any fruit, which always takes longer than I think! I just chopped some chocolate chunk cookies (also from Chick-fil-a) made the chocolate caramel sauce and enjoyed the party!
And now onto dessert!
Fondue Part Deux!
What you need:
- Fresh fruit, sliced into large pieces (Chick-fil-A fruit trays are perfect for this)
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies (you can get these at Chick-fil-A when you are picking up the fruit!)
- Brownies or shortcake (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Fondue (recipe follows)
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tblspoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- ½ cup of caramel (I used Chick-fil-A caramel sauce that I picked up when I was getting the fruit and cookies. Be careful...this stuff is amazing you might eat it with a spoon!)
- ½ cup of vegetable oil (only if you are using a chocolate fountain...it helps it to flow. If you are using a regular fondue pot, omit the oil.)
- Pour cream, syrup and sugar into a pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate wafers and stir until melted and combined.
- Add the caramel sauce and stir until combined.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla and continue mixing.
- Be sure that you have mixed the sauce very well and then pour into your fondue bowl.
- If you are using a chocolate fountain mix in ½ cup of vegetable oil before pouring into the fountain.
I added the rest of the plain Chick-fil-A caramel sauce (that I used in the chocolate fondue recipe) to a second fondue pot, BECAUSE I LOVE CARAMEL! And because chocolate is great, but I can’t resist the combination of caramel and apples together!
Connect with Chick-fil-A Houston Road all over the place to keep up with their fun events!
Disclosure :: I am a Brand Ambassador for Chick-fil-A Houston Road and I am receiving compensation for my post however all opinions are 100% my own.