I can’t wait for this event. Bluegrass for Babies.
It’s a jammin’ music festival for all ages!!
I’ve never been to Bluegrass for Babies, but I’m super excited to try it out this year. What’s more fun than spending a day with the kids and family at Sawyer Point with tons of great food, activities and live music? NOTHING! And it’s all for a great cause, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital! Awesome! (get it…Bluegrass for Babies?!) (haha. It took me a while!)
The 5th annual Bluegrass For Babies will be at Sawyer Point this year on Saturday, September 21st 2013 from 3-9!
The concert will feature performances by some of the regions top bluegrass bands, tons of family friendly activities, great vendors, local and organic concessions and MORE.
Bluegrass for Babies was launched in 2009 by Matt and Anne Schneider as a way to give back to Cinncinnati Children’s Hospital for providing a life-saving surgery for their newborn son. They repurposed their annual backyard bluegrass party and the rest is history. Bluegrass for Babies was born. I love that this is how it started! So neat.
In celebration of its 5th anniversary the lineup featuring performances by some of the top bluegrass bands. Wild Carrot, Comet Bluegrass All-Stars and The 23 String Band.
Today, Bluegrass for Babies is a year-round non-profit organization focused on improving children’s health and becoming a go-to resource when it comes to helping parents create an environment to raise healthy children, right from the start.
This year’s concert-goers can partake in six interactive experiences.
1. Farmer’s Market: Enjoy local, sustainably raised food from Green B.E.A.N. Delivery Concession Stands, sample free guacamole from Chipotle, and choose from several locally made desserts. This area will also be the hub of a variety of farm-to-table themed kids’ activities.
2. Healthy Home: Learn simple steps to create a healthier home environment.
3. Family Wellness: Take part in activities promoting healthy habits and disease prevention.
4. Movement: Burn off energy through exercise activities such as soccer, basketball, and more!
5. Art & Music: Nurture childhood development through numerous art and music activities.
6. Special Needs Quiet Area: In the event of overstimulation, the Special Needs Quiet Area will provide a quiet refuge for special needs children and their families.
AND KIDS EAT FREE! Kids 12 and under eat free with the purchase of an adult meal from the Green B.E.A.N. Delivery concession stand until 6:00 pm. (One free kids meal per one purchased adult meal.)
Tickets for the Bluegrass for Babies benefit concert are $15 for adults in advance and $20 day of, with children 12 and under admitted for free. Pre-sale period ends Friday, September 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM. Tickets can be purchased at www.bluegrassforbabies.com.
Parking is $8 in the Sawyer Point parking lot. But you could find street parking. 🙂 That’s what I’m going to do.
Discounted tickets are available for groups of 10+ adults until Friday, September 20. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Also new in 2013, Bluegrass for Babies is offering sponsorship packages for families and organizations within the Bluegrass for Babies community. This is a great way for supporters to enjoy VIP perks at the benefit concert, like guaranteed parking. For more information, please visit www.bluegrassforbabies.com.
*****WHO WANTS TO WIN TICKETS*****
One lucky ABAAB reader will win a pair of tickets (kids are already free) to the Bluegrass for Babies benefit concert AND two complimentary burrito coupons AND two complimentary kids meal coupons from Chipotle. (one of the event sponsors.)
Enter below. See you there!