I love limes. I L.O.V.E. anything with limes, savory with limes, sweet with limes, water with limes, any flavored like limes, anything that smells like limes. LOVE IT!
So, naturally I love this Frozen Limeade Pie. 🙂
Um, yeah….This pie is NOT health food, and it’s NOT made from scratch. (Although, you could make it even better by making your own graham cracker crust….or a pretzel crust…YUM Sweet and Salty!) But, sometimes you just need a quick and easy dessert to serve at a party or to bring to a potluck.
This Frozen Limeade Pie is a crowd pleaser. It’s creamy, tart, and refreshing. I LOVE it! The addition of the lime essential oil is optional, but it adds such an amazing depth and extra lime kick, you can’t go wrong. The lime essential oil is one of my favorites, actually. I find myself reaching for it more and more often. It’s stimulating and refreshing. I put it in my water, daily. I rub a drop on my wrists as a bug repellent. And it makes my guacamole out of this world! 🙂
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (or make your own, a pretzel crust would be amazing)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 (6 ounce) can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 tub (12 ounces) whipped topping, thawed (or you could make your own, YUM!)
- 6-10 drops of lime essential oil
- Beat chilled condensed milk with mixer for one – two minutes.
- Add limeade straight from the freezer and continue to beat until thick.
- Add lime essential oil and mix.
- Fold in thawed but cold whipped topping.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and freeze.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
Please note that not all essential oils are created equal.
When you’re choosing your essential oils, please know that there are different grades available. You can find some low priced oils in your grocery store or health food store. Please be sure that your oil says they are safe to ingest.
shauna price says
Looks amazing! Instead of using the lime essential oils, could you use juice from a lime?
Thanks! Yes, the addition of the oil is optional. So you could omit it all together. But, it does taste OH SO GOOD with it!