These DIY Slip-on Felt Coasters double as wine tags and are a super simple and inexpensive way to save your tables and mark your wine glasses. I’ve seen some cute felt coasters on Etsy lately, but they are about 30 dollars for a set of 4. I’m sure they are hand-felted, but I can’t afford that.
I do love the look of the cut out felt these days, though. And I love the idea of the coaster staying with the glass. And I also love the fact that they double as a drink marker and wine tag. So, I came up with a dollar store solution.
I made a set of 4 for 2 dollars!!
These felt coasters dress up a party. Just slip them on the bottom of your stemware and they double as a wine tag. Or place them under stemless glasses.
And they only take minutes to make.
What you need:
- felt coasters (Dollar Tree. They come 4 per package, so one package makes 2 slip-on coasters)
- hot glue and glue gun (on hand)
What you do:
- Open your coasters and set two aside. These are the bottoms.
- Take the remaining two coasters and cut out the very middle of them. Remove middle. Discard (or save for some other craft. A barrette? A wreath?)
- Then cut three – four slits from the middle opening to the edge, but not cutting all the way through the very edge. These are the tops.
- Get the bottom coasters that you set aside a minute ago. Put a small dot of glue all around the bottom along the very edge.
- Line up your top coaster with your bottom coaster and press them together.
- Slip on your wine glass.
- Enjoy your party! Or give them as a hostess gift with a bottle of wine!