I have been on a bit of a lime kick. I am enjoying adding my lime essential oil to just about everything! I just can’t help it. It smells so good and refreshing. It’s known to stimulate and uplift moods, keep away bugs, help joints and it’s a powerful aromatic, topical and internal cleanser. LOVE me some lime.
Now onto this chili lime compound butter. It is amazing. I used to make it with lime juice, instead of lime oil. It’s still good that way, but the juice and butter never combine perfectly like the oil and butter do. The essential oil intensifies the lime flavor without making the butter watery like using lime juice does.
You can put this lime compound butter on corn, or steak or whatever your heart desires. It takes this season’s corn to the next level! No one will forget the corn or steaks at your cookout! Try it.
- ¼ stick of softened butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 8-10 drops of lime essential oil
- zest of one lime
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- plastic wrap
- Make sure you are starting with room temperature butter.
- Add salt and lime essential oil to the soft butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add lime zest. Mix thoroughly.
- Add hot sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Put the butter on a square of plastic wrap.
- Form it into a log. And roll the plastic wrap. Twist ends.
- Place in freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from freezer and slice into medallions.
Please know that all essential oils are not created equal.
When choosing your essential oils, please know that there are different grades available. You can find some low priced oils in your grocery store or health food store. Please be sure that your oil says they are safe to ingest.