I saw a banner like this in the window display of an awesome little eclectic shop the other day. I knew I had to make one! The best part…….It was FREE!
What you need:
- An old book (actually, it doesn’t have to be old….you can go and get one from the Dollar Store or your bookshelf or Goodwill)
- scissors or excato knife
- glue stick
What you do:
- Carefully cut some pages out of your book.
- Draw a line (I couldn’t find my ruler, so I used the edge of the book! hahaha) making a triangle or whatever shape you would like your banner to be. I think a scalloped bottom would be pretty too.
- Cut them out.
- Write a letter on each paper and color it in to make it thick. You could use letter stickers, or stamps….but I like the way pencil looks on book pages.
- Turn each page over and apply a line of glue at the top.
- Fold the glued part over the string.
- Carefully cut the little extra bits off of the corners.
- Hang it up.
- So cute.
- and FREE! 🙂
Sarah @ Just The Bee's Knees says
Looks great Erin!! SO glad you made it! Just like the one in the store window we saw! I’ve got something in store for all my old books too;)
Angela Addington says
We love your creativity! This banner is so cute. It could be used for many different occassions and events. I think I will need to use it for my daughter’s upcoming 13th birthday.
Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom says
What a creative project – I love the look of this!
Nancy Hiltibrand says
That beautiful orange frame certainly gets a workout!