These are so easy to whip up and the kids think they are just super fun!
Taco cups an easy way to put a quick fun twist on a regular dinner.
What you need:
tortillas (I use Trader Joe’s whole wheat tortillas)
taco filling (This time I used ground beef)
taco fixings (Our choices were spinach, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, sour cream and limes)
What you do:
1. Use a circle (I used a teacup saucer) that seems about twice as big as your muffin tin hole.
2. Cut out as many circles as you need. (They end up being smaller than regular tacos, so make a few more than you do when you make tacos) The kids and I each had two and Kevin had 4!! :)
3. Wrap them in a damp tea towel or paper towel. Throw them in the oven or microwave for a few seconds until they are just warm enough to be pliable.
4. Place the circles in the muffin tin and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes at 350 until the cups are crispy.
6. Now at this point you have several options.
ONE. You can use any taco filling you like. (Chicken, ground beef, beans if you are doing a meatless meal, fish sounds good, you could even use fish sticks!) (I love fish tacos!)
TWO. This time I browned a pound of ground beef with some onions and peppers and added some taco seasoning. I added a scoop of this mixture to each cup and sprinkled with cheese. I rebaked it until the cheese was melted.
I let the family choose their own fixings at the table.
THREE. Or you could just serve the cups empty and have everyone add their own fillings and fixings. Like a taco cup bar. You could even send it to school this way. A homemade lunch-able!