I adore Indian food. Especially chicken tikka masala.
I was thinking about how good it sounded for dinner last week, so I decided to try and make it.
I used this recipe from Aarti on the Food Network, more or less. I had almost everything I needed. 🙂 It was DELICIOUS!!!
And even though it had a lot of steps, it actually came together really quickly and easily.
I made some garlic naan using this recipe to go with it.
We were out of rice, so it was just chicken and naan.
It was a perfect dinner as far as I’m concerned.
The kids devoured it, Kevin was another story.
I am determined to get him to like Indian food.
I think he ate 11 pieces of naan, so that’s a start. 🙂
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt, whisked until smooth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, put through a garlic press or finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into large bite-size chunks
- (I used leftover, already cooked chicken, so I skipped this whole marinade overnight part. I did make the marinade and just put the chunks of cooked chicken in it. When it was time in the directions to broil the chicken, I just pulled my chicken out of the marinade and placed them in the sauce.)