First of all, it’s my sister’s birthday today. So…
I’m not sure yet what we’re going to do for Earth Day today. I’d like to plant something, but it’s supposed to be rainy. I know for sure we are going to take our recycling in, because it’s overflowing. It’s been a few weeks since I brought it, today I will just take the kids with me. So, that worked out well. 🙂
We’ll also definitely read “The Lorax“ and do some sort of crafty project. I just haven’t figured out what craft yet. Something simple and easy since we also have to dye Easter eggs today! 🙂
And of course we’re going to eat our Earth cupcakes. We made them yesterday and they’re super cute. 🙂
- White (or yellow) cake mix
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Divide the cake mix into two bowls. Add green to one bowl and blue to another. Mix thoroughly.
- Add one tablespoon of blue batter to the muffin tins, then green, then blue. Do this until the tins are about 3/4 full.
- I also let the kids swirl the batter around a little bit if only one color was showing on the top.
- Bake according to package directions.
Happy Birthday Hez! Cute Earth cupcakes, too. Did you dye the icing?
No. I didn’t use icing. 🙂 I figured it would cover up the most fun part of the cupcake. The kids didn’t even notice it was missing. 🙂