This morning, I noticed that the foamy soaps in the bathrooms were low. And in spirit of not wasting and also making my own cleaning supplies I decided to look into how to remedy this situation without going to the store. I looked around online and found that it is EASY to make your own refills of this wonder product! Seriously easy! I love this stuff because it is so much easier for the kids to rinse off. The special foam soap dispensers actually use less soap because it mixes air in while you pump – thus the foam. And since it washes off faster, you’ll use less water too!
You only need three things
1. an empty foamy soap dispenser
2. liquid soap (hand or dish or even body wash or shampoo)
3. warm water
- Pour one or two tablespoons of liquid soap into an empty foaming soap dispenser.
- Fill the rest of the dispenser with warm water (leaving a little space at the top of the container)
- shake it up gently until thoroughly mixed.
I’ve always hated the wastefulness of the disposable pumps and the amazing rate at which we go through those bottles. Plus the expense of buying more (even if I sometimes get them for a dollar). And now I can make it scent and dye free without paying extra. Sweet! Or I can add essential oils to make my own chemical free scented soap.